Hi Guys!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo running on the latest Android software. The hand set has 16GB internal storage which obviously isn't enough. I have a OneDrive account and have around 10GB of photos on there.

I would like to keep my photos on the handset as well as OneDrive, so I bought a 128GB SD card from eBay for around £7. I was downloading around 100 photos each time from One Drive to my internal storage then transferring them to the SD card. The OneDrive app crashes when you try to download more than 100 at once.

When I went into the gallery after spending several hours doing this, the majority of photos weren't showing but instead there was just a grey background with an X through the logo. So after this happening many times and losing many hours of my life trying to sort this, I thought this problem be to do with the cheap SD card.

So off I went to look in ebay again and bought a 64GB Samsung Evo SD card for £15. Low and behold.. the exact same problem is occurring again.

Would anyone know how to fix this?

TL;DR - Images on SD card showing grey background with X instead of image.
    06-22-2016 08:29 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I would try a reformat of the card while it's in the phone. Another thing to try is downloading all the pictures to a PC, and transferring them that way.
    06-22-2016 09:26 AM
    Are you sure that these cards aren't counterfeit? Many cards sold on eBay are counterfeit.

Have you tried the app SD Insight? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...humanlogic.sdi
    Feldon and can3gxw like this.
    06-22-2016 09:34 AM