My Verizon S5 just recently got upgraded to Marshmallow (sweet!), but that has come at the cost of burning my battery life. The other day I had the phone on idle the entire day, maybe 5 minutes total of screen on time. After being on for about 10 hours, the battery was at 27%, after starting at a 100% charge. Even on power saving mode, it flies through battery while totally idle.

Anybody else having this same problem?
    06-22-2016 07:01 PM
    My Verizon S5 just recently got upgraded to Marshmallow (sweet!), but that has come at the cost of burning my battery life. The other day I had the phone on idle the entire day, maybe 5 minutes total of screen on time. After being on for about 10 hours, the battery was at 27%, after starting at a 100% charge. Even on power saving mode, it flies through battery while totally idle.

Anybody else having this same problem?
    Your battery life should be better with Marshmallow. I would suggest a Factory Reset, if at any point after a new OS update you have this kind of issues, usually a factory reset will cure it.
    06-22-2016 09:53 PM
    Also check to see what apps are actually using up your battery. There are still a lot that are not optimized for Marshmallow and those will kill your battery in a heartbeat.
    06-23-2016 04:26 AM
    My S5 is seeing exactly the same behavior. Although it only updated this morning 6/28 it is burning through battery like there is no tomorrow.
    What exactly will be affected by the FDR?
    Loss of personal data, contacts and the like?

Thanks
    06-28-2016 10:24 AM
    Updated just yesterday, it seemed ok at first, but after a full charge the phone started acting weird today, heating up even doing nothing in my pocket...

I've spotted a battery drain from Android System, with a very high CPU time...

Did a Factory Reset just now, and I'm finishing configuration and charging... Let's see how it goes now... If it persists I'm planning to flash the same firmwire, but with the older May Security Patch, which worked just fine...
    06-28-2016 06:01 PM
    My Verizon Galaxy S5 was also experiencing horrible battery life after the Marshmallow update. Clearing the cache didn't help. I finally decided to do a factory reset and the battery life is much improved. Now it's lasting as long as it did before the Marshmallow update.
    06-30-2016 03:30 PM
    After factory resetting my phone, it seems to be back to normal... The battery is lasting for over 3 hour SoT on about two days off the charger, which I guess is fine for a phone older than two years still using the original battery...

The only thing bugging me now is Android OS... At home, which is where my phone sits most of the day, it seems to spend little battery, staying in the bottom of apps list in battery consumption screen, but when using my phone outside home, hence with no WiFi and under variable signal strength, it seems to spend more battery, but still less than Android System and, of course Screen usage, which is the top spender... Is this the normal behaviour on your phones???

And the same Android OS is using about 10 MB data (sometimes less, most of it from WiFi since I'm connected to it most of the day) on a day usage cycle, is this normal?
    07-03-2016 10:40 AM
    Bump
    07-04-2016 09:42 AM
    I have the same problem. Downloaded the update last night at 5pm. Went to bed at 1am with phone fully charged at 100%. When my alarm went off at 8:30am, the phone was at 3% battery remaining with no phone activity throughout the night beyond normal use (received a few emails, instagram and facebook notifications, etc) but nothing beyond normal use, and the screen was never turned on once to even view the notifications...
    07-14-2016 08:56 AM