Verizon S5 - New update?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
There are definitely problems. I'm waiting for the next update, hoping it gets fixed.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Went well. Seemed to stay on the Verizon logo for about 30 seconds then finished. Nothing is out of place, and so far nothing missing. 😊😥

AlAguila

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello, first time in a forum and new to this group. I did the update also confused as to why since had just done an update. Now everytime I exit an app or widget all the apps or widgets on the screen disspear and reappear as if the screen refreshed, everytime, very annoying. Also battery consumption is high since can no longer use power saver bc of background data restrictions...oh and also phone gets very hot. Any advice or suggestions thank you in advance.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello, first time in a forum and new to this group. I did the update also confused as to why since had just done an update. Now everytime I exit an app or widget all the apps or widgets on the screen disspear and reappear as if the screen refreshed, everytime, very annoying. Also battery consumption is high since can no longer use power saver bc of background data restrictions...oh and also phone gets very hot. Any advice or suggestions thank you in advance.

Did you clear the cache partition? I am not experiencing said issues.

DocDouglas

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Updated just yesterday, it seemed ok at first, but after a full charge the phone started acting weird today, heating up even doing nothing in my pocket...

I've spotted a battery drain from Android System, with a very high CPU time...

Did a Factory Reset just now, and I'm finishing configuration and charging... Let's see how it goes now... If it persists I'm planning to flash the same firmwire, but with the older May Security Patch, which worked just fine...

clairele

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Ever since I did the update, when I connect my S5 to a computer it does nothing. The device is recognized but I can't do anything with it whereas previously I'd been able to see the files on it. Anyone else? I'm not sure where to start to find a solution.

EDIT: Found the answer in another thread, you have to swipe down once connected & set it up to transfer files instead of USB charging. I guess some settings have changed automatically. :(

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding off on this update as long as possible.

Why wait? Mine has been great since this second 6.0.1 update! The only issue I had with the first 6.0.1 update was smart lock not working very well, but that seems to be better now. I did bite the bullet and reset my phone after the first 6.0.1 update.

Overall, the phone is wicked fast, much faster than ever before, especially with app switching. RAM management is also excellent. My original battery was kinda worn out, so I bought a new Samsung battery for twelve bucks or so...and it is overall still good enough for me. I think it might use slightly more battery in use, but less battery at rest balances it out for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

DocDouglas

May 30, 2016
Visit site
After factory resetting my phone, it seems to be back to normal... The battery is lasting for over 3 hour SoT on about two days off the charger, which I guess is fine for a phone older than two years still using the original battery...

The only thing bugging me now is Android OS... At home, which is where my phone sits most of the day, it seems to spend little battery, staying in the bottom of apps list in battery consumption screen, but when using my phone outside home, hence with no WiFi and under variable signal strength, it seems to spend more battery, but still less than Android System and, of course Screen usage, which is the top spender... Is this the normal behaviour on your phones???

And the same Android OS is using about 10 MB data (sometimes less, most of it from WiFi since I'm connected to it most of the day) on a day usage cycle, is this normal?

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
If your phone is constantly searching for signal, it will chew through your battery in doing so. That holds true for most phones these days.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol