Reactivating google play also reactivated automatic updates, apparently. Before realizing that they were enabled, and subsequently disabling them, my phone downloaded a security update which had no option to cancel and I was forced to install it. [Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), G900VRUZDF4]

Before the update, daydream would activate when the screen timed out, whether locked or not, and stay on until I touched the screen or power button.

After the update, daydream only turns on when unlocked and only for a few seconds before the screen goes black. When locked, daydream does not activate at all and the screen simply goes black. It doesn't actually turn off the display though, I can still touch the screen to get back to the lock screen. Pressing the power button once 'turns off' the blank black screen, at which point the green charging indicator becomes visible, and pressing it twice brings up the lock screen. I'm guessing that the 'blank black screen' is the daydream app itself, which is refusing/unable to load the assigned secondary app. (which is this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ond_free&hl=en)

This is the only relevant thread I could find, and none of the 'solutions' are valid because they're already my current settings: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...working-2.html

The phone is a galaxy s5 and it spends most of it's time on my desk, connected to a desktop pc by the usb 3.0 cable it came with, which means it's almost always fully charged and in daydream mode.
    06-28-2016 03:06 PM
    Moved to the S5 forum.
    06-28-2016 08:39 PM
    I have the same issue on my galaxy core prime. Daydream use to work and now it doesn't. I have checked all settings and searched various forums trying to get an answer. Nothing suggested seems to work.
    07-10-2016 09:01 AM
    I have the same issue with my galaxy core prime. Daydream doesn't work when it use to. I have checked various forums and tried several suggestions, but nothing has worked.
    07-10-2016 09:04 AM
    So does anyone know if Android will release a fix for the Daydream not working issue ?
    07-30-2016 06:28 AM