Reset password

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I thought I posted this question before but I can't find it. I'm going to temporarily delete a Google account. I know that I have to create a new password when I reinstall the account. It's a real pain to have to change all the passwords for the rest of the accounts that depends on the Google Account. Is there a way to bypass the 1 year rule for selecting passwords?Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to change your password when removing a Google account from your phone. You just need to remember what it is.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You don't need to change your password when removing a Google account from your phone. You just need to remember what it is.

Are you saying that after I uninstall the Google account, reboot, then reinstall the same Google account, I'm not required to create a new password. All I need to do is reenter the same password and I'm good to go. If it works, I owe you big time.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes. If you also were to do a factory reset, when it comes back you're asked to sign in with your Google account.

It would be no different than if you bought a new phone, or signed into your same Google account on a computer. You can also have multiple accounts on the same phone with each one syncing something different.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok. So as long as I use the same account, I can reuse the password I used before I deleted the account without having to create another password. Am I missing a step? I know. I'm a pest. Your patience is appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12