My CPU is too high, battery draining fast, charging 2-3 times a day. What can I do?

A

AC Question

My CPU is too high, battery draining fast, charging 2-3 times a day.

About 4 weeks ago, my phones CPU started overheating to as much as 150 degrees at times. It has not been below 100 degrees since then. I started cleaning out the phone. It has started doing strange things, i.e. changing phone numbers, placing my answer to texts before the received text, loss of gmail account, etc. I'm constantly cleaning it out, cooling down the CPU, however, I cannot get the temp down past 100 degrees. I want to backup my entire phone contents, which is a GalaxyS5, to my Seagate external hard drive. I have been successful in using the Lyve app to back up my pics. I cannot figure out how to backup the contacts so I can do a factory reset. I managed to back up both pics and contacts to my gmail account, but now I cannot gain access to that. The phone is telling me to update to the new AT&T app 2.0 because they are retiring the version I have. When I click on Update Now, it brings me to Add your account Google page. It asks for my email and password but will not accept it. HELP before I crash, PLEASE! Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition? No personal data should be lost that way: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

If you've backed up or synced your pictures and contacts to your Google account, you should be able to see them on the web, on your computer browser. Go to photos.google.com or contacts.google.com to see if everything is there.