"sbl1 partition doesn't exist" error, now won't charge

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I could really use some advice.

I plugged my phone in and got the msg that the charger was incompatible with the phone so charging has been stopped, which was weird because I've been using this cable for about a year.. unplugged it and took a nap. Woke up and I had a very intimidating screen on my phone.. "Boot recovery mode, check boot partitions, sbl1 partition doesn't exist" etc etc. Googled and came up with 1 or 2 things to try to fix it, but the big problem now is that the battery is completely dead. I'm using the cable I got with the phone and it is still saying that it isn't compatible and will not charge, I've even plugged it into my computer, took out the battery for 5 minutes. Every time I got the same msg.

1) What the heck was that screen that popped up that I couldn't get rid of?
2) How do I charge this to try to work on it?

It's after 8 pm on a Sunday night on a holiday weekend.. I will not be able to function with no phone until Tuesday.. Please help.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The answers to the following questions may help others in finding an answer to your issue...

1. Which of the 42 models of Galaxy S5 do you have?

2. Is your phone rooted, have a custom recovery, a custom ROM, installed. Give details.

3. If running stock, unrooted, Samsung firmware, give details of country, carrier branding.

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi ironass,

1) I have a SM-G900V

2) Have not rooted or anything fancy like that, did the Marshmallow update a month or two ago I think? Nothing custom as far as I know.

3) I'm in the USA, on Verizon.

Thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Try connecting your phone to your PC via USB cable and see if that will either start the charging process/solve your issue.

Failing that, try and charge your battery by other means or borrow a battery so that you can download the stock Verizon firmware and flash it to your phone using Odin and by following the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

Firmware download...

Model SM-G900V
Model name GALAXY S5
Country USA (Verizon)
Version Android 6.0.1
Changelist 8025411
Build date Wed, 11 May 2016 07:04:50 +0000
Security Patch Level 2016-05-01
Product code VZW
PDA G900VVRU2DPD1
CSC G900VVZW2DPD1

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Connecting it via usb to my laptop did not work either. Borrowed a battery that was at 50%, phone started up! Moved the phone to put the cover on, the battery fell out, and now for some reason that battery won't work because it says it's at 0%.. It was on for maybe 3 seconds.

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
... And I borrowed yet another battery that was at 34%, put it in my phone and it powers on but won't charge (other one was my sister's, this one is my dad's, lol). Laptop will not recognize it either. Put it back in its original phone and that battery works and charges fine in that phone, but not mine. So, does that lead you to think it's a hardware problem on my end (charging port?)? Or should I still follow the link you posted to re-download the stock firmware and flash it?

Thanks so much.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest flashing the stock Verizon firmware if you can manage to connect it to a PC. Failing that, it will mean a trip to the Verizon shop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7