The wife's Android has the last update a year ago to Android 5.0 while I have had a few and up to Android 6.0.1. I check the wife's for updates and it does it little check and says all is up-to-date. Haven't a clue why it thinks it is up-to-date on 5.0 while mine is on 6.0.1 - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    07-05-2016 01:37 PM
    It depends on your phone's Product Codes as per #1.8 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide or if your phones have been rooted or flashed with non Product Code firmware.
    vpnavy likes this.
    07-05-2016 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the reply Ironass. Absolutely nothing has been done to either phone. I got mine a few months before the wife. Downloaded the product - now, what are you looking for?

Thanks!
    07-05-2016 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the reply Ironass. Absolutely nothing has been done to either phone. I got mine a few months before the wife. Downloaded the product - now, what are you looking for?

Thanks!
    The Product Code.

Phone Info > CSC CODE > Product Code:
    07-05-2016 05:36 PM
    The Product Code.

Phone Info > CSC CODE > Product Code:
    Both the wife's and mine say NOT ACTIVE

So, I went through the other screens and show the differences (maybe that will help since mine updated and the wife's didn't)...

Wife - Bootloader Version: G900VVRU1BOC4
    Mine - Bootloader Version: G900VVRU2DPF4

Wife - PDA Version: G900VVRU1BOC4 / G900VVRU1BOC4_OC5
    Mine - PDA Version: G900VVRU2DPF4

Wife - CSC Version: G900VVZW1BOC4
    Mine - CSC Version: G900VVZW2DPF4

Wife - Baseband Version: G900VVRU1BOC4
    Mine - Baseband Version: G900VVRU2DPF4

Wife - Kernel Version: 3.4.0-3846539
    Mine - Kernel Version: 3.4.0-8025411

Wife - Android Version: 5.0
    Mine - Android Version: 6.0.1

Plus more - will provide if necessary - not sure if I am spinning my wheels right now.

Thanks!
    ironass likes this.
    07-05-2016 10:52 PM
    You both have the U.S. carrier minority variant of Galaxy S5 for the Verizon CDMA network, model G900V.

Your phone is on the very latest firmware released by Verizon... Android 6.0.1 on the week or so release... PF4

Your wife is on a very old Verizon release from 455 days ago... OC4 and is missing the last 7 updates.

*** All my references are now made to 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

As per #1.6, Samsung do not issue updates for the Verizon model. Unusually, this is down to your carrier, Verizon and you must be registered on their network to receive updates.

As per #1.10, there are a number of reasons why her phone has not updated, particularly if hers was not new, out-of-the-box. You can try connecting her phone to Kies or Smart Switch to see if this offers her an update.

Finally, if her phone has not updated, you can either download and flash the latest Verizon firmware that you are on, see #1.11. Alternatively, you will have to take it to your nearest Verizon service centre and get them to explain why your wife's phone is not updating and get them to flash the latest update.
    thecomicbookandme and vpnavy like this.
    07-06-2016 02:20 AM
    You both have the U.S. carrier minority variant of Galaxy S5 for the Verizon CDMA network, model G900V.

As per #1.10, there are a number of reasons why her phone has not updated, particularly if hers was not new, out-of-the-box. You can try connecting her phone to Kies or Smart Switch to see if this offers her an update.
    We bought her phone (like mine) straight from a Verizon dealer - did we get a used one?

Thanks!
    07-06-2016 03:55 AM
    We bought her phone (like mine) straight from a Verizon dealer - did we get a used one?

Thanks!
    It is one possibility.
    07-06-2016 04:02 AM
    Well, swung by dealer and they had me call Verizon Tech. They suggested that I run the "Software Repair Assistant (SRA)." They said it would come up when I connected by Cell to my PC and AutoPlay would pop up and to click Run VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant_installer. Well, that option doesn't show up. I get the normal explore, media, etc. but no Run option. I searched the entire net for the possibility of just downloading it via the net - but every place goes back to the AutoPlay route.

Anyway - they said if that doesn't work I should run it up to Best because they have Samsung Experts who should be able to fix it. I asked will who pays for that and they said Verizon will cover the cost. So, tomorrow we will run up to Best but I can't help but think they won't be able to do anything. Anyway - will let ya know what happens.

Thanks!
    ironass likes this.
    07-06-2016 11:54 AM
    Wow... nice support. "Please go home and do this" <knowing full well that's a pile of BS - it was just to get you out of their store>

Next step - I guarantee you that the "expert" at Best Buy will immediately grab your phone and do a factory reset on it because "obviously, you did something to it and broke it".

Please make sure you offload/backup all your photos, contacts, and anything else on your phone BEFORE you leave the house.
    vpnavy and ironass like this.
    07-06-2016 01:21 PM
    Thanks can3gxw for the suggestion. Actually, the guy at Verizon was alone and the first thing he went into was they roll out the update and it may take time to get to you blah blah blah. I told him that is fine and good but it has been over a year since my last update. He admitted that he really knew nothing about the technical aspects and dialed up Verizon Technical Support and handed me the phone. I always thought it was a "Official Verizon Store" because they have Verizon on the outside, nothing but Verizon stuff inside - but, it is a franchise dealer. Anyway, the guy didn't try to blow smoke up my butt. First thing I did when I got home was backup all the wife's 10 zillion photo's. Fortunately, our phone books, calendar and contacts are via Google so they will be recovered if he wipes out the wife's phone. I would just leave "well enough alone" if I wasn't concerned about some of the upgrades addressing security flaws, etc.

Will let ya know how it goes.

Thanks!
    07-06-2016 02:24 PM
    Use smart switch from Samsung as well to back up. It needs a PC but works pretty well at restoring your phone. Also take screenshots of each of your pages so you can set up your apps the way they are now (forgot who gave me that one but I found it on this forum)

It will make the restore a little easier
    Good luck
    Verizon S5 on marshmallow

Posted via the Android Central App
    vpnavy likes this.
    07-06-2016 02:30 PM
    Will do lgossin - thanks!
    07-06-2016 03:14 PM
    FINAL UPDATE! OK, we finally got to Best. YUPPA - they had a Samsung Representative available. The Rep doesn't sell, etc. ONLY helps Samsung Customers - WOW! Anyway, she did her "magic" and the wife's phone is now on Android 6.0.1. The Knox, Security Patch Level is June 1, 2016, Kernel and everything else is just like my phone. The only difference is when you hit "System Update" it still shows last update April 2015 where mine shows the actual date (June 2016). Otherwise, all is the same. Life is good - I am living the dream!

can3gxw - all photo's, text messages, etc. were intact - so, don't think she did a "system reset."
    07-12-2016 10:22 AM
    I'm guessing that she just flashed the latest Verizon firmware to the phone as per the last paragraph of my post #6. This would take about 5 minutes. It will be interesting to see if it receives any future Verizon updates OTA.
    07-12-2016 12:10 PM
    I can assure you ironass that right after my next OTA update on my phone - I will give her phone a week to get it and back to Best I go!

BTW - I can't get use to your userid!
    ironass likes this.
    07-12-2016 12:29 PM