Ever since I upgraded to Marshmallow, moving between Application Notification Settings, is painfully slow. Is there a setting I missed somewhere? Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon
    07-06-2016 05:17 PM
    Ever since I upgraded to Marshmallow, moving between Application Notification Settings, is painfully slow. Is there a setting I missed somewhere? Thanks.

They shouldn't be that slow. If you have not done so already you can go into developer options and change the animations to 0
    But I would guess that you may want to just simply back up and do a factory restore. Sometimes upgrades to a new OS don't work so well
    and a fresh start is needed
    07-06-2016 10:11 PM
    As suggested, here....

Since it is highly unlikely that the S5 will ever receive Android N, you may as well take the advice of Factory Data Resetting your phone so that you can carry on enjoying it. otherwise, you may find that the situation worsens and you will become a permanent feature on these forums and a dissatisfied Verizon customer. IMHO, it is time to, "Bite the bullet".
    Considering the number of threads you have posted since the above, It seems that my prediction has come true and you may seriously want to consider a Factory Data Reset and start over with your phone in light of the inordinate number of issues you are experiencing. See #2.1 - #2.8 of S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide.

To quote #2.8 of the guide...

"#2.8 As I said, this may seem a lot of hassle but the alternatives are:-

1. Put up with your phone the way that it is.

2. Take it to a Samsung Service Point and get them to re-flash it for you... in which case you will lose everything anyway.

3. Downgrade to your old firmware, if it is even possible, using Odin which may not solve the problem and lose everything.

The choice, as they say... is yours.
    "
    can3gxw and Tritonemusic like this.
    07-07-2016 12:04 AM
    Ok. It looks like I'll have to bite the bullet. I've got to prepare for the Factory reset , something I've been avoiding for a while now. Can you direct me to the least painful method? You guys have saved my butt often. Thanks.

07-07-2016 05:31 AM
    You will require a PC for most of the methods listed in...

Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!

Take your time and read everything through, carefully and slowly, to determine which methods to use to suit your particular circumstances.
    07-07-2016 05:43 AM
    You will require a PC for most of the methods listed in...

Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!

Take your time and read everything through, carefully and slowly, to determine which methods to use to suit your particular circumstances.
    I rarely have the use of laptop. Is there a 2nd choice in doing a complete backup of my phone?

07-07-2016 05:29 PM
    I rarely have the use of laptop. Is there a 2nd choice in doing a complete backup of my phone?

Then you will be severely limited in what you can backup to those things which you can use the cloud for storage.
    07-07-2016 05:36 PM