Music app keeps auto- running?

Steve_Karl

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, (G900A here)
This music app (see screen grab) starts up on it's on for no reason that I can discover, and I also can't find it in applications manager to disable it.
Can someone tell me how to remove or disable it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-08-01-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-08-01-23.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Misic app keeps auto- running?

Remember that Android refers to keep RAM relatively full of apps, so the system will automatically open certain apps if RAM allows it. Which apps it opens can depend on usage pattern and how the app is coded. Force closing an app repeatedly won't really help anything, since the system will just reopen it, or open a different app (unless, of course, the app is misbehaving and impacting performance).

If you never use the Music app, you can try going to the App Manager, select Music, and tap Disable. This will prevent the app from opening (but won't remove it from storage, since it's preinstalled). If you can't disable it, you can try something like Package Disabler Pro.

Steve_Karl

May 30, 2016
Visit site

It's not listed in Application manager. It's probably a part of some other app.
I'll have a look at Package Disabler Pro.
Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Not sure how the S5's App Manager looks like, but see if there's an option to Hide or Show System Apps. If you can show system apps, it might show up then.

Steve_Karl

May 30, 2016
Visit site

Not sure how the S5's App Manager looks like, but see if there's an option to Hide or Show System Apps. If you can show system apps, it might show up then.

Good thought ... but no luck. Not seeing any view hidden options.
Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Does the Music app ever give you a notification in the status bar? If so, swipe down the notification panel, then long-press the Music notification. Tap App Info, and it should take you to the App Manager page for whatever app is associated with Music.

Steve_Karl

May 30, 2016
Visit site

The most I've been able to find is Samsung Link > "Unregister Device" in the apps settings.
Maybe that will do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781