Contacts Problem - Identifying Where They Are

Crescentman

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I have had a galaxy S5 for 2 years and it is using Android 6.0.1. During that time I have been happily syncing my contacts between it and Outlook on my desktop and I rarely if ever make changes except for in Outlook on the desktop machine. I rarely use my gmail account so I have contacts set to display only device contacts and there are NO contacts in my gmail account. At some point over the last few months something has changed. Take a contact Emma Dxxxx. The contact record for Emma Dxxxx exists in Outlook but does not now appear in my contact view on my phone. If however I search for Emma Dxxxx in the search box on my phone it finds the complete record and shows it as being linked from my Gmail account even though there are none and she doesn't appear in google plus circles. This is now a real pain. I have just purchased a new Toyota and it seem that the b****y Bluetooth sync won't bring across any contacts except for device accounts. I have tried clearing out all of the records on the phone and when I search for Emma Dxxxx then nothing comes back. As soon as I sync the outlook contacts back to the phone Emma Dxxxx is again listed as a Gmail contact. I'm tearing out my hair and would be so grateful if someone could help me resolve this.

@ironass this has me bamboozled, there is no reply button to your post but I can edit mine!. So until I can work this out here is my reply:-

@ironass thanks for getting back to me so quickly. As you see above "... I have contacts set to display only device contacts ...". I'm using model SM-G900F.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have had a galaxy S5 for 2 years and it is using Android 6.0.1. During that time I have been happily syncing my contacts between it and Outlook on my desktop and I rarely if ever make changes except for in Outlook on the desktop machine. I rarely use my gmail account so I have contacts set to display only device contacts and there are NO contacts in my gmail account. At some point over the last few months something has changed. Take a contact Emma Dxxxx. The contact record for Emma Dxxxx exists in Outlook but does not now appear in my contact view on my phone. If however I search for Emma Dxxxx in the search box on my phone it finds the complete record and shows it as being linked from my Gmail account even though there are none and she doesn't appear in google plus circles. This is now a real pain. I have just purchased a new Toyota and it seem that the b****y Bluetooth sync won't bring across any contacts except for device accounts. I have tried clearing out all of the records on the phone and when I search for Emma Dxxxx then nothing comes back. As soon as I sync the oultook contacts back to the phone Emma Dxxxx is again listed as a Gmail contact. I'm tearing out my hair and would be so grateful if someone could help me resolve this.

Hello and welcome to Android Central Crescentman!

Which of the 42 Galaxy S5 models do you have?

In... Contacts > menu > Contacts to display... which contacts have you set to display on your phone?

Crescentman

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Unbelievable I save the edit and suddenly the reply button materialises.

@ironass thanks for getting back to me so quickly. As you see above "... I have contacts set to display only device contacts ...". I'm using model SM-G900F.

Crescentman

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Yippee I have resolved this. My word it's simple when you know how. The accounts like Emma Dxxxx had got listed as Google accounts at an earlier point. I had forgotten that I had amended them. What sucks is that the brand new Toyota Yaris doesn't check if the phone book has changed. You have to manually refresh it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay