Has anyone done this themselves? Was it difficult? Somehow my phone fell down off a shelf and now the front camera and light sensors are completely exposed so I was thinking of fixing it but I also know from repairing the charge port that there is copper film of some sort behind the digitizer and wasn't sure if it was easy to do.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-09-2016 10:31 AM
    Has anyone done this themselves?
    Yes

Was it difficult?
    Only the first 4 or 5 times.

Somehow my phone fell down off a shelf and now the front camera and light sensors are completely exposed so I was thinking of fixing it but I also know from repairing the charge port that there is copper film of some sort behind the digitizer and wasn't sure if it was easy to do.
    It's easy - if you've done it before. If not, it's a lot cheaper to pay to have it done. (You do it yourself, break something else, fix that, break something else, etc., etc.)
    07-09-2016 11:22 AM
    See the thing is I can't trust repair shops in my area to fix it. When my charge port needed replaced all of them quoted me over $200 and said it was because most times the screen breaks and needs to be replaced. I replaced the port myself and didn't break the screen and I've never repaired a phone in my life. So needless to say I can't and won't take it to a place that's just trying to rip me off.

07-10-2016 12:15 PM
    See the thing is I can't trust repair shops in my area to fix it. When my charge port needed replaced all of them quoted me over $200 and said it was because most times the screen breaks and needs to be replaced.
    You need to find a single legitimate repair source, even if it's one person. Changing the port has nothing yo do with the screen unless they lay the phone on the bench, face down, on a stone.

If you're in a country with no legitimate repair shops, sending the phone out of thee country, even paying insurance both ways, might be a lot cheaper. (The port is under $10. Even adding labor can't get that up to $100 if they give classes in ripping customers off. Usually the "labor" consists of opening and closing the phone - the rest of the "job" is a vacation by comparison. I'd probably charge $25 at most for changing a port, but that's because $2 for labor sounds like I don't know what I'm doing - but changing ports all day could earn me, $200/day if I'm not working too fast. Line them up and it should take about 2 minutes each.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2016 03:34 PM
    You can also try Squaretrade I have em and I love em.

07-10-2016 03:47 PM
    You can also try Squaretrade I have em and I love em.

What is that?

07-10-2016 05:27 PM