I left a group message. Now I can't get back into it?

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I was in a group message with a few of my friends. I was able to see the messages as 1 threaded text message. I had to restore my phone recently and lost all my text messages. Now when I get messages from the group text, they come in as individual texts from my friends. My friends even tried to create a next group message text and include me in it..That didn't work for me. All the messages come in from the individual users and not a single group text.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I was in a group message with a few of my friends. I was able to see the messages as 1 threaded text message. I had to restore my phone recently and lost all my text messages. Now when I get messages from the group text, they come in as individual texts from my friends. My friends even tried to create a next group message text and include me in it..That didn't work for me. All the messages come in from the individual users and not a single group text.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Look in your text message settings for MMS settings. In there there's typically an option for group messaging vs individual messaging.

What messaging app are you using? Is it the one that is built into the phone?