I have an unlock AT&T SM-900A Samsung Galaxy S5. I am on the T-Mobile network. When marshmallow becomes available I will be doing a manual update. My question is: Do I download the SM-900A update from AT&T or download the update from T-Mobile? Or is there somewhere else I need to download the marshmallow update from?

Thanks in advance
    07-17-2016 09:12 PM
    Your phone, despite being carrier unlocked and in use on T-Mobile, remains a 900A AT&T model. I don't root and/or flash but I would think you would use the 900A rom.
    07-17-2016 09:24 PM
    Thanks Mary Beth for your quick reply:
    I don't want to invalidate or hack anything. I just wasn't sure in what direction to go to get the update. I suppose I'll keep an eye open for the downloadable AT&T 900A release and go from there.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    07-17-2016 10:04 PM
    Unlike the regular Samsung models of Galaxy S5 the carrier minority variant for AT&T, G900A, is not updated by Samsung but by AT&T. You will need to be registered on the AT&T network to receive their update. Also, unlike the regular Samsung firmwares, AT&T do not release a downloadable and flashable firmware through the normal Samsung sources. See #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

The AT&T model is currently on Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1 originally released in March.
    07-17-2016 10:28 PM
    Hope it's soon for you. Still waiting on my unlocked AT&T Note 4 to get it.
    When AT&T does release it, you should be able to just get it OTA even if it's unlocked. Have a great evening.
    07-17-2016 10:29 PM
    AT&T S5 is still on 5.1.1 Lollipop
    On the June security update level
    07-18-2016 12:33 AM
    I check on a regular basis, waiting ridiculously long, but patiently for AT&T to get it more bug free than some releases that have been plagued with issues of varying degrees..
    Saving my pennies for the 930U now that Samsung has FINALLY released a US variant in a truly Unlocked version of the S7
    07-18-2016 12:42 AM
    Have amended my post #4. You are correct Enverdaz, the AT&T carrier minority variant of the Galaxy S5, G900A, is still on Android 5.1.1 and not Marshmallow 6.0.1. My bad. I was looking at the wrong update list. I cannot believe that AT&T have not released Android 6.0.1 for their model yet as it has now been 6 months since Samsung first released it for the S5 international model.
    Enverdaz likes this.
    07-18-2016 06:41 AM
    Thanks everyone for your replies.
    Am I understanding this correctly? With an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-900A (AT&T) operating on a T-Mobile network, I will be unable to get any updates from either carrier? That in-order to get any updates, I would have to revert back to a AT&T network? Are there alternatives short of breaking any warranties/laws and windows, as in throwing one phone through one?
    07-18-2016 03:20 PM
    Take out the sim card and the microSD card.
    Restart it and use WiFi to get the update.. It will look at the AT&T updater then, but not if you confuse it with the TMo sim installed.
    -worst case scenario, you can do a factory reset without the sim / MicroSD if it stays confused. Then do the update..
    ... This is of course IF and WHEN AT&T decides that they are satisfied with their build version and releases it OTA in this Millennium... Jussayin

**note, before you do, be sure to offload apps to the phone's memory. Uninstall excess apps that won't lose all your saved data if you need space. And back up everything else 1st. It is my understanding that if you try to reinsert a MicroSD card with app info, the apps will likely crash due to the version numbers not matching post update. (apps configured for 5.1.1 wont run on a device configured for 6.0.1)
    Once updated (don't forget to clear the cache partition), reinstall the MicroSD and sim and reboot. You may have to reset whatever TMo network info had to be adjusted.
    Then just reinstall the apps you had to offload and move what "optimized" data Samsung TouchWiz will allow you back to the MicroSD and whala...
    07-18-2016 10:37 PM
    Thanks Enverdaz for the extended how-to;
    While I'm savvy on computers I'm as dumb as a box when it comes to cellphones. I'll follow the steps you outlined when ATT releases MM 6.0.1. Hopefully it'll be soon. I hope you get your 930U soon. I may look into that as well.
    07-19-2016 06:31 PM