I purchased 2 of the same phone from Amazon in February of 2015. Both phones appeared to be brand new as they were wrapped and sealed. One of the phones updates every time a new update is released. The other phone (the one that I use) says that the latest version has been installed every time I go to the settings to update. Also, Kies gives me the same message that I have the latest version. As I've tried to figure this out many times, I'm starting to think my phone was not brand new as stated by the seller. I have been stuck with Android 4.4.2 for a year and a half and certain apps no longer work due to updates that my phone cannot keep up with.

I would like to update to the latest software if at all possible, which is Marshmallow?

ap: g900fxxu1anj1
    cp: g900fxxu1anj1
    csc: g900foxx1anj1

I'm using the phone in the U.S. on StraightTalk currently but the other phone (used by my husband and has no issues updating) is also used in the U.S. and on StraightTalk.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    08-05-2016 07:21 PM
    I purchased 2 of the same phone from Amazon in February of 2015. Both phones appeared to be brand new as they were wrapped and sealed. One of the phones updates every time a new update is released. The other phone (the one that I use) says that the latest version has been installed every time I go to the settings to update. Also, Kies gives me the same message that I have the latest version. As I've tried to figure this out many times, I'm starting to think my phone was not brand new as stated by the seller. I have been stuck with Android 4.4.2 for a year and a half and certain apps no longer work due to updates that my phone cannot keep up with.

I would like to update to the latest software if at all possible, which is Marshmallow?

ap: g900fxxu1anj1
    cp: g900fxxu1anj1
    csc: g900foxx1anj1

I'm using the phone in the U.S. on StraightTalk currently but the other phone (used by my husband and has no issues updating) is also used in the U.S. and on StraightTalk.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Hello and welcome to Android central cottonmy2003!

There are a number of reasons why your phone has not updated as described in #1.10 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. You could download and flash the latest stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone, CSC and Product code as per the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.11 of the guide.
    08-05-2016 08:15 PM
    Thanks for the help. I am now aware that android 4.4.2 is the latest available update for my specific phone.
    08-06-2016 11:03 PM
    Thanks for the help. I am now aware that android 4.4.2 is the latest available update for my specific phone.
    That is odd! Most phones are well past Android 4.4.2. What is your phone's Product code as per #1.8 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide
    08-07-2016 12:59 AM