My GS5, running Android 6.0.1, seems like it overheats multiple times a day. I don't think I'm using it excessively, most of the time just music and maps. I do live in Florida now and I'm wondering if it's just the heat down here or if this phone is just prone to getting hot. Any suggestions or ideas anybody?
    08-08-2016 04:41 PM
    My GS5, running Android 6.0.1, seems like it overheats multiple times a day. I don't think I'm using it excessively, most of the time just music and maps. I do live in Florida now and I'm wondering if it's just the heat down here or if this phone is just prone to getting hot. Any suggestions or ideas anybody?
    When you say overheat are you receiving an error message or anything like that? Or do you feel it getting warm to the touch? Is anything running in the background (e.g. downloads, syncing) that you may not be aware of? Have you tried clearing cache: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10683
    08-08-2016 04:57 PM
    It's normal for phones to get hot, especially if you are using maps (that uses GPS and data) and hear music at the same time. It's also comon when playing games and charging.

Does your phone get hot while not in use?

How's your battery life and what is the app with the most battery consumption? To check this you can go to settings, scroll down to the very end and select battery, with inside the battery options select the battery usage botton, there you'll see the apps that use the most battery. If you can upload the images I'm sure I and the team can give advise if this is normal or if you have a rouge app.

Cheers

Erasmo
    younggreenanne likes this.
    08-08-2016 05:03 PM
    Thanks, I think clearing the cache helped a little. My battery life is decent, I'm trying to stay on top of how much stuff I am running. Is it hard on the phone to get hot frequently? I'd like to hang on to it for quite a while to avoid having to pay for an upgrade.
    08-12-2016 02:37 PM