My Galaxy S5 reduces my bandwidth to almost nothing when i connect to my router with wifi

ArneFranco

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Since yesterday my Samsung Galaxy S5 has started to reduce the bandwidth of my internet when i connect it to the router via wifi. When i turn off the wifi on the phone then my internet speed is around 20mbit, which is what i have. But when i turn on wifi on the phone and it connects to my network, suddenly my bandwidth gets choked down to like 1 mbit or less. All the other units (laptops) suffer with the bandwidth reduction. What the heck is going on?

ArneFranco

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S5 using max outgoing bandwidth for no reason

Hi
Today my Samsung Galaxy S5 started using maximum outgoing bandwidth whenever i connect it to my home wifi. I cant seem to find the reason for it. I have tried restarting it severel times and removed the battery and still it consumes the entire outgoing bandwidth as soon as i connect it to my home wifi.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I merged your 2 threads.

First, try rebooting your router (by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging it back in again).

If the problem persists, then log into your router's settings and see if QoS (Quality of Service) is turned on. If so, turn it off, because this might throttle other connections in favor of others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze