I just got my replacement s5 through square trade. It says "downloading software update, please don't leave the wifi area" then eventually it tells me to either continue or remind me later, to which I have tried both options, only to have it restart and then start all over five minutes later. I'm telling you, it's constantly updating over and over and over. The little arrows are in the corner and I'm losing my mind! Help!
    08-15-2016 11:24 AM
    I just got my replacement s5 through square trade. It says "downloading software update, please don't leave the wifi area" then eventually it tells me to either continue or remind me later, to which I have tried both options, only to have it restart and then start all over five minutes later. I'm telling you, it's constantly updating over and over and over. The little arrows are in the corner and I'm losing my mind! Help!
    you could go to sammobile.com and download the firmware update your phone is trying to download

and go to settings turn on USB debugging in developer options and turn off check apps by usb/adb

then boot into download mode.

Download Odin for pc or heimdall for mac and then install the update in pda/ap slot in Odin or whatever it is for heimdall try googling it I use pcs not macs.

Then wait for your phone to reboot and set it up voila fixed phone
    08-15-2016 10:09 PM
    Best option since it's new and empty I would just do a factory reset, should resolve it, and if not, could be the phone
    08-15-2016 10:15 PM
    Best option since it's new and empty I would just do a factory reset, should resolve it, and if not, could be the phone
    Try going to Google play app and Google play services in settings apps and wipe data and cache for both apps reboot and try again
    08-15-2016 11:28 PM
    Try going to Google play app and Google play services in settings apps and wipe data and cache for both apps reboot and try again
    Sorry guys having problems with the Tapatalk app I posted in the wrong thread by accident
    08-15-2016 11:30 PM
    you could go to sammobile.com and download the firmware update your phone is trying to download

and go to settings turn on USB debugging in developer options and turn off check apps by usb/adb

then boot into download mode.

Download Odin for pc or heimdall for mac and then install the update in pda/ap slot in Odin or whatever it is for heimdall try googling it I use pcs not macs.

Then wait for your phone to reboot and set it up voila fixed phone
    For someone that may not be savy this isn't really a realistic first step
    08-16-2016 01:29 AM
    For someone that may not be savy this isn't really a realistic first step
    Well i dont know you but sorry i will apoligize
    08-16-2016 01:50 AM
    Well i dont know you but sorry i will apoligize
    I am not the OP, I am simply making a point that we don't know the level of technical ability, nor should a recommendation of these steps be something that is tried first when a simple factory reset could resolve the issue.
    08-16-2016 01:59 AM