Dear all,

I wanted to upgrade my s5 to version 6.0.1.
    I did not have enough space in local memory, so I thought of moving applications to SD.
    In the application manager for several applications I was allowed to do so so I thought it would be ok.
    Once I finished migrating several apps I performed the update.
    After it was finished I went to start one of them and I saw the icon was grayed out and had the letters SD on it.
    I pressed it and I got a message saying this app is not installed then I was redirected to the google play store.
    I tried to re install it and then the application was just crushing.
    I had to go to the app manager once more completely uninstall the app then go to the play store and download it.
    Is there ANY other way I can get my applications to work?
    The application mentioned above was viber and it lost all history.
    If I go to the app manager to any of the applications I moved to the SD there is no option to move them back to internal memory.
    I don't understand why the OS would allow me to move the app if it was going to break?!

thank you in advance for your time.
    08-15-2016 12:21 PM
    Welcome back! The problem with moving apps to the SD is that if the card gets inappropriately disconnected without first being properly Unmounted (in Settings>Storage), then the apps that were moved might become "broken." Although a system update shouldn't cause the SD card to do this, I have seen it reported a number of times here, so it seems to be a small risk.

Was this an official system update pushed to your phone over-the-air? Or did you download it manually from somewhere on the web and install it yourself?
    ironass likes this.
    08-16-2016 02:56 AM

thanks for your reply.
    It was an official update I did over wi-fi. Once it was done the phone needed to reboot.
    Any ideas on how to resolve it?
    08-16-2016 05:50 PM
    Sorry, I'm not sure if you'll be able to recover the app data that was moved to the SD card. I suppose you could try copying that data somewhere else, completely uninstall the app, reinstall the app, move it to SD, and then copy that original data back to the appropriate directory on the SD card. But I also think this would just lead to the app crashing.
    08-17-2016 03:30 AM
    thank you B.Diddy,

I hope someone has any other way to help on this or else I will need to uninstall and lose data on many applications!!
    08-19-2016 07:54 AM