Question: Boosting Bluetooth volume

RBEmerson

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I use PlayerPro with the DSP add-on to get the BT audio as high as possible (volume knob and pre-amp slider full up). Of course I go past the "any louder and your ears will bleed" warning (thanks, EUcrats, for that). But I need more volume.

I use a Sena 20S helmet intercom on my motorcycle. If I boost the volume so the phone is loud enough, the GPS is way too loud. There's no way to turn the GPS volume down. If I turn the 20S' volume down to keep the GPS audio from distorting, the S5's audio is lost.

I found hacks for boosting the speaker and earphone volumes to ear-bleed levels, but nothing for BT. There are some apps for managing A2DP but none boost the volume, just clean up gaps, etc. I wrote the author of A2DP Volume but, despite the name, it doesn't boost BT audio output. Not Good.

Using the headphone jack is out. It doesn't help with phone calls. And LEO gets unhappy with wires from phones to helmets. There might be speakers or earbuds in there...

BTW, is there a hack to get around the "any louder and you're ears will bleed" nanny warning? In Win10 the only fix is changing audio drivers.

The phone is rooted and running 5.0.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
You could also take a look at Volume Boost from stalli0nUK. I have been using it on both Touchwiz Marshmallow and Lollipop and CM12 & CM13 ROMs. Tested on the international, G900F, model but also, as the thread shows, works on other variants. I am using .v1 Lite. Just download and flash via custom recovery.

RBEmerson

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I lost track of this thread. Apologies for the slow response.

I'm rooted, BusyBox is current, I installed the driver and... nada. I use PlayerPro (froze the PP DSP pack) and I can't get anything going with the ViPER driver. This is on a SM-G900V running rooted but otherwise stock 5.0. (tried to get to 6.0.1 - ugly results - this phone stays at 5.0).

The driver status shows V 2.4.0.1 but it's downhill from there: the states are "no" or "abnormal" or "unsupported". Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2