I can not delete the Downloads File from my S5

Lori Salsbury

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Every time I see the AT&T update icon, I get a sick feeling in my stomach, I'm going to have to delete all my apps that I use so I have room for the new update, then remember which apps I deleted to reinstall them afterwards, and THEN remember my username and password for many.

Why you ask?

Because my DOWNLOAD file says it has 6.92GG of information on it but it is COMPLETELY empty when I go to delete it. I do not have an SD card and only 16GB total so 6.92GB of space used is over 1/2 of the available space left after the OS. I have tried everything to delete it permanently but nothing works.

Please, give tips and ideas as if you were walking your grandma through this, while I am not a grandma, I am about as Tech Savvy as one. So, explain everything in detail so I can follow your advice. Thank you.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried deleting the cache. Settings, applications, application manager. If t
You are on 5. Whatever press on the all tab or use the 3 dot menu to show system apps. Scroll down to download manager and press the clear cache button. If in marshmallow you need to select storage to get to clear cache

If that doesn't then reboot the phone and as you do that hold volume up, home key and power button until you get the vibration of power up. Let go you should be in recovery booting. Follow on screen instructions to wipe cache partition.

Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae