sd card

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Where did you store the music on the SD card? Was it in a folder? Did you store it on the card via a card reader on a PC/Mac? A lot of guessing unless you clarify what you did/tried and why things aren't working.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, didn't know I guess what I was doing.
Just went to files and moved to sd card. Didn't specify where. 😣
So does that mean there not there? Or just harder to find.
Guess I'll take card out and put in pc and look.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not understanding where the files were originally located before being moved to the SD. Were the files already in phone memory and then you moved them to the SD... and now you want to move them back to the SD?

Just went to files and moved to sd card.
Does this mean you were doing everything on your phone while in "My Files"?

If you open My Files in your App Drawer, can you see any of the music files in Device storage or SD card?

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
They were on my phone. I went to my files, moved to sd card.
When I look now. Don't see music or videos I thought I put on the card.
I took card out and synced to my pc.
Found some that way. But not all.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
While the card is connected to the PC, try running a recovery program like Recuva. In reality, this program finds deleted files so it may or may not find anything since your files weren't actually deleted.

Personally, I never "move" files when I want to relocate them... I always use the "copy" function, then verify they're present on wherever I copied them to, and then delete the original files later. "Moving" files a lot of the times results in files getting lost... many instances of this happening on the forums.

Unfortunately, I know of no way to recover files deleted from the phone memory. You might need to search for something on Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol