Tried to unlock - now all apps stopped working

esterina17

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone - today I tried to unlock my Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 using Android 5.1.1 using a tutorial i found on the internet and everything appeared to go as planned. However upon rebooting even though my home screen looks normal when I swipe the screen to use the phone I am faced with every application giving me a message like:

Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home has stopped
Unfortunately, Contacts Storage has stopped
Unfortunately, Media Storage has stopped
Unfortunately, Travel Wallpaper has stopped

And so on and if you keep pressing ok it seems that all apps have stopped and the screen is just black. I could really use some advice please, I have already tried to restart into recovery mode and delete my cache but it did not work.

Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved to the S5 forum. What do you mean by unlock--did you carrier unlock it?

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You're running a Canadian version of the S5. Who is your carrier? And what kind of "unlock" were you trying? Unlock it so you can use a different carrier? Also - any reason why you wouldn't have this on 6.0.1 by now? All the Canadian carriers have pushed this version out. Please give us more details so we can try to help you out.