I have been pleasantly surprised lately that a couple of 3rd party apps have access to the biometric fingerprint scanner. I recently have signed into Lastpass and instead of logging out, I can close and re enter the app by fingerprint.

Also with CM security, I can unlock apps with their integrated app lock by fingerprint, along with a backup PIN code.

This is super convenient but I don't remember before 3rd party apps having biometric support. When did this happen?
    09-30-2016 10:59 PM
    Yes, it's very handy function. I love the speed and efficiency of just putting thumb on home button and the device is ready to rock... Coupled with apps like PayPal and eBay it's a dream to use!
    Any CM apps should be treated with a high degree of suspicion, they are not terribly concerned with your privacy or sharing your details with others for financial gain... Do your homework there
    09-30-2016 11:56 PM
    Yes, it's very handy function. I love the speed and efficiency of just putting thumb on home button and the device is ready to rock... Coupled with apps like PayPal and eBay it's a dream to use!
    Any CM apps should be treated with a high degree of suspicion, they are not terribly concerned with your privacy or sharing your details with others for financial gain... Do your homework there
    Thanks for the word of warning so I had a look at this.

Firstly, I have disabled security monitoring on CM security and only use it an app lock. I have instead Kaspersky which is not running must of the time. Once a month, with EZ Disabled pro, I enable it, run a scan then disable it again. It just stops it running always I the background.

Regarding CM security, it has no permissions for contacts, calls, gallery, sms etc. It is a superb app lock. The fingerprint function works perfectly, (unlike Hexlock which I tried) and it has an excellent feature in which you can lock everything on your phone and then as soon as you unlock 1 app, the rest are unlocked, (whilst the screen remains on). You can choose this or choose to lock every app every time if you want.

The other reason I really like it is that it is not an easy process to uninstall. If you go to device administrators and click on it, the "deactivate" button does not work. You have to go into the app itself and settings to uninstall requiring your PIN or fingerprint.

But I do appreciate the concern.
    10-02-2016 04:21 AM
    Not a problem mate, it's great having all this tech! Waiting for a reliable iris/retina scan now....
    10-03-2016 08:12 PM