Hi,

So, I have this problem where on Skype, if I plug in my earbuds that don't have a microphone on them, the phone microphone is very muffled and no one can hear me well unless I yell. But, when I dont have earbuds in, they can hear me just fine through my phone microphone. I have a Galaxy S5 neo. Please help me, this problem has been happening months now. Thanks in advance.
    10-14-2016 02:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It may be that the configuration for the earbuds' plug is slightly off, and might be partly activating the mic contact of the jack. Can you try different earbuds?
    10-15-2016 02:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It may be that the configuration for the earbuds' plug is slightly off, and might be partly activating the mic contact of the jack. Can you try different earbuds?
    Tried 3 different earbuds, still no luck, unfortunately.
    10-20-2016 09:22 AM
    Just to be sure -- these 3 earbuds aren't all "Made for iPhone," are they? iPhone headphone jacks are configured slightly differently than those on most Android devices.

Another thing to do is to make sure the jack is completely clear of debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, or a damp toothpick to root around.
    10-21-2016 06:09 AM
    They're basic samsung earbuds, and I used basic Philips earbuds without any microphone. When I tried the samsung earbuds that included the microphone on them, i installed an application that allowed me to disable the earbuds microphone and use the phone microphone but it still didn't work and still sounded so muffled when the jack was plugged in. I did a recording and when i plugged in the jack from the earbuds with a microphone, and it sounded noisy as i plugged it in and when the jack is fully in, it sounds muffled and compressed. There is no debris inside, it sounds perfect when the earbuds are NOT plugged in, but when the jack is in and the earbuds without a microphome are connected, it sounds muffled.
    10-21-2016 02:51 PM
    If you use earbuds that have a mic (and you uninstall that app that disables the earbud mic), does your voice sound clear to the other person when you're on a call? If not, then I would suspect a faulty jack, which might have to be replaced.
    10-22-2016 08:16 AM