delete button missing

A

AC Question

just got phone - took pictures - tried to delete - trash can button used once and now it has disappeared - ????

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have? Do you get an overflow menu (three dots top right) when you select or long press on a picture? Sometimes the delete option is included there.

foozler

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Samsung S5- I thought everybody in this group did. Clicked on the three dots and no delete button there - for Javier

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Samsung S5- I thought everybody in this group did. Clicked on the three dots and no delete button there - for Javier
Thanks for registering! I'll move your thread to the S5 forum where it'll be easier getting help from other owners.

You said the delete option was working fine before, so maybe try restarting the phone and see if the problem persists.

foozler

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
It seems that the phone synced to Picasa and downloaded (or showed them without downloading) at least some of my pictures there. Those, when I click on them, do not feature the delete trashcan symbol. When I click on a photo I took with the phone, the trash can is there. Mystery solved! This is my first smart phone ever. It's going to take awhile! I hope that I can find some help here. I am 74 and still active, but I am used to PCs and mainframes (you people should have lived in the 80s and had to deal with Japanese printer manuals and those switches in the back.) Thanks! bill w

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Haha! Glad you managed to solve the mystery and thanks for the follow up. It will be very helpful for other users with a similar issue. Feel free to ask anything you need, Bill. See you around the forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma