How do I make Verizon Software Repair Assistant recognize my Galaxy S5 when it won't boot at all?

ianmathwiz7

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S5 won't boot, even into recovery mode. When I try to boot it, it always tries to start recovery mode, and gets the error message "Recovery is not SEANDROID enforcing."

After that, I get the messages "Secure fail: Recovery" and "Start Up Failed: Your device didn't start up successfully. Use the Verizon Software Repair Assistant on a computer to repair your device."

Unfortunately, Verizon Software Repair Assistant doesn't have this phone listed in its list of phones I can repair. How do I make it recognize the phone so I can try to repair it?

In case it matters, the last thing I tried to do was make SuperSU update the SU binary in recovery mode. When it rebooted in recovery mode to attempt that, it started doing this.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S5 won't boot, even into recovery mode. When I try to boot it, it always tries to start recovery mode, and gets the error message "Recovery is not SEANDROID enforcing."

After that, I get the messages "Secure fail: Recovery" and "Start Up Failed: Your device didn't start up successfully. Use the Verizon Software Repair Assistant on a computer to repair your device."

Unfortunately, Verizon Software Repair Assistant doesn't have this phone listed in its list of phones I can repair. How do I make it recognize the phone so I can try to repair it?

In case it matters, the last thing I tried to do was make SuperSU update the SU binary in recovery mode. When it rebooted in recovery mode to attempt that, it started doing this.

Hello and welcome to Android Central ianmathwiz7!

So, you have the Verizon carrier minority variant of the Galaxy S5, model G900V.

What firmware are you running. Is it custom or stock and if stock, which version?

Are you rooted and do you have a custom recovery installed?

If you followed a tutorial, can you post a link to it.

ianmathwiz7

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello and thanks in advance,

What firmware are you running. Is it custom or stock and if stock, which version?

I flashed a stock PB1 firmware to it just recently, so that's what it should be.

I am rooted. I had Safestrap, but I tried to install TWRP. I'm not entirely sure the latter worked, though, because in SuperSU, I tried to make it update the binary using TWRP...and that's what got me into this situation. So, I think something went wrong with the TWRP installation.

However, even after the (possibly failed) TWRP installation, I could normal boot the phone just fine. It was only after I had SuperSU recovery boot the phone that problems showed up.

The only tutorial I followed was this tutorial on rooting the phone. I was going to begin following this one on unlocking the bootloader, but didn't get anywhere.

Regards,
Ian

ianmathwiz7

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello and thanks in advance,

I flashed a stock PB1 firmware to it just recently, so that's what it should be.

I am rooted. I had Safestrap, but I tried to install TWRP. I'm not entirely sure the latter worked, though, because in SuperSU, I tried to make it update the binary using TWRP...and that's what got me into this situation. So, I think something went wrong with the TWRP installation.

However, even after the (possibly failed) TWRP installation, I could normal boot the phone just fine. It was only after I had SuperSU recovery boot the phone that problems showed up.

The only tutorial I followed was this tutorial on rooting the phone. I was going to begin following this one on unlocking the bootloader, but didn't get anywhere.

Regards,
Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca