Hi there
    Just wondered if anyone can help me please? By the way I am not very technical.

I have a Samsung J5, I believe there has been some sort of update recently which has really upset me and my phone.

It relates to the swipe screen.. previously I swiped the screen which then led to another screen, where I then entered my pin code and that was it.......but now

When I swipe the screen it just leads to a black screen, the only way I can find of getting to the screen to enter my pin is by turning the phone on and off very quickly and immediately pressing the home button which takes me to my pin screen.

So how do I get back to swiping the screen and then being able to enter my pin?

So far I have, turned it off, taken the battery out but nothing works????

Thanks in advance.
    11-06-2016 02:16 AM
    Hi there
    Just wondered if anyone can help me please? By the way I am not very technical.

I have a Samsung J5, I believe there has been some sort of update recently which has really upset me and my phone.

It relates to the swipe screen.. previously I swiped the screen which then led to another screen, where I then entered my pin code and that was it.......but now

When I swipe the screen it just leads to a black screen, the only way I can find of getting to the screen to enter my pin is by turning the phone on and off very quickly and immediately pressing the home button which takes me to my pin screen.

So how do I get back to swiping the screen and then being able to enter my pin?

So far I have, turned it off, taken the battery out but nothing works????

Thanks in advance.
    Hello and welcome to Android Central pawwavingpuppy!

Whilst you have posted in the Galaxy S5 forum with regards to your J5 phone, the procedure is the same after experiencing issues following an update. You will need to boot into recovery mode and select, "Wipe cache partition", from the menu and then reboot your phone. This should clear any issues. See...

How to Enter Recovery Mode on Samsung Galaxy J5
    11-06-2016 05:21 AM
    didnt notice any of it, the last update was quite normal with an added feature of wifi calling. did it start right off after the update?
    11-06-2016 05:23 AM
    Hi there

Thank you for your reply, I did as you advised................."Wipe cache partition", from the menu and then reboot your phone. This should clear any issues.

And unfortunately it remains the same.............................Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
    11-06-2016 12:12 PM
    Have you tried doing a Factory Data Reset?
    11-06-2016 12:21 PM
    I guess that's my next move, I've now starting getting multiple notifications for each message/email etc. It's driving me mad....my poor phone
    11-07-2016 03:42 AM