So my S5's home button is driving me crazy. It works as a fingerprint scanner without problems but it wont work when pressed.

I am using the easy home button currently to get around the problem but i would like to fix it properly. Anyway when i press it nothing happens like its not being registered. The problem is if i do press it hard it will stop the power button working and I have to pull the battery out to restart the phone.

I have done multiple resets of the phone so I do think its hardware.

Do you think maybe the isopropyl alcohol trick would work or is that for other problems?

The thing that would help me is what happens on the S5 if the home button is pressed and then you press your power button, does it stop the power button from functioning? if so maybe its being pressed and is stuck on.....
    11-08-2016 06:06 AM
    Wouldn't normally do this but *bump*, I have been trying for days now and I cant get my button to work correctly.

If anyone with a functioning S5 could do me a huge favour and hold down the home button and see if pressing the power button does anything while its pressed would help me massively. I have a suspicion the button is somehow stuck in the clicked position and when i press really hard its registering it as clicked again.
    11-12-2016 08:33 AM
    I have a galaxy S5 diabled the S voice, so when i hold the home button, and hold down the power button, just the google app. comes up.
    11-13-2016 11:51 AM