First letter of each sentence not capitalized in Email only

clevinski

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello, All,

I am hoping that someone can give me some direction. My Galaxy S5 worked fine with regard to capitalization and such until recently. I have it set to capitalize the first word of each sentence. This worked fine in all applications. Then, suddenly, it stopped working in the Email app. It will still capitalize the first word after I hit the return key (effectively capitalizing the first word of each paragraph, not sentence), but not after a period and space. The problem does not seem to be in the keyboard settings, as the Auto capitalize function in the keyboard IS checked, and the first word of each sentence IS capitalized in the Messaging and Memo apps, for example. (I tried turning the Auto capitalize on and then off again in the keyboard settings, and resetting the keyboard, but this didn't help.) To the best of my recollection, I did not make any other setting changes just prior to this issue beginning.

Does anyone have any idea how I can correct this? It's very frustrating when typing, and I can't find a setting that influences it.

Many thanks!

Charlie

sdeeter19555

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
There was some sort of update across the board...my S5 acts weird and won't fill in some forms now, my S6 is impossible to use predictive typing now, and my Tab A also has issues with forms...all happened at the same time. I don't know what it was that caused it, but it makes it very frustrating to type much of anything.

sdeeter19555

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I've tried all the standard methods, including unistalling and reinstalling email and Chrome (the two I see the most issues with), without success.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca