Suddenly and for no reason that I can see because the settings are correct and have been triple checked both autocorrect and capitalisation of the first word of new sentences have ceased working on my imbedded e mail app ( the one with the @ symbol that uses gmail) and my yahoo mail app. However on SMS and Outlook they both continue to function.

Nothing seems able to fix this. Even a call to Samsung's help centre was to no avail. Everything from resetting gmail to clearing out the keyboard cache. They all failed. They want to call me back on Thursday, take control of my phone remotely and have a poke around with it! WTF?!

Can anybody possibly assist with this because it's getting a bit silly now. Nothing has been changed on this phone, it's just simply decided not to work properly. It's my first ever smart phone and frankly it's been nothing but trouble from Day 1!!
    11-21-2016 06:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen using 3rd party keyboard apps as well, like Google Keyboard?

Android System Webview was causing some issues with Samsung Keyboard recently, so make sure it's up to date. Go to the Play Store, search for Android System Webview, and see if there's an Update button.

If it already is updated, then the opposite might be the case -- sometimes updates to this system app can mess up other apps. If it was already updated, then try uninstalling updates.
    11-21-2016 08:33 PM
    It only happens with Samsung's keyboard but I didn't like Google's version as the spell check was abysmal. I'd like to keep Samsung's keyboard if possible. Android webview updated 31.10.16 to version 54.0.2840.85. Sadly I have no idea if this is the latest version though I don't see any kind of Update button anywhere or of how to uninstall updates. I'm new to this. Sorry.
    11-21-2016 08:46 PM
    Open the Play Store, search for Android System Webview, and tap the Uninstall button. This will revert it back to the factory installed version.
    11-21-2016 10:01 PM