SD card apps gone after Marshmallow update

msva90

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
The 6.0.1 Marshmallow update was forced to my phone, and now my phone doesn't recognize any of the apps that were on my SD card. At first the icons were all grayed out, and when I tapped any of them, it said the app wasn't installed. This has happened before after updates and always cleared up on its own, so I waited a bit, but the problem continued. I restarted -- same problem. I wiped the partition cache -- same problem. The forum advised unmounting and remounting the SD card. I did that, and now the grayed-out icons don't even appear anymore. The phone can read the photos I've saved on the SD card, but it doesn't recognize the apps at all. The files for the apps are still there -- I can see them when I connect the phone to my computer. How can I restore the apps without having to re-download all of them (losing all my information and game progress in the process)?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
There is no other way than to download the apps again. Hopefully your data is on the sd card and on installation it will pick this up

msva90

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I accidentally fixed this. I went into My Files and clicked on Downloaded Apps. All my SD card apps appeared there. I clicked on one, and it launched with all my data intact. All the apps then reappeared in the My Apps. I had to manually move them all back to where they used to be, but at least they're there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira