Hello, can anyone help me?

I've had a Galaxy S5 since October 2014 and the battery has started playing up lately. It's been discharging very quickly and has needed recharging much more frequently than usual. For example, I can go to bed with the alarm set and the battery at over 90% and six to seven hours later it'll be down to less than 40%. I've bought a replacement battery (not a Samsung but a Duracell) hoping it was a battery problem but I'm having the same problem with the new one.

This problem started about two or three weeks after I bought and started using a powerbank (an Anker PowerCore 10000).

Does anyone have any thoughts? Can using a powerbank affect or even damage a phone?

12-11-2016 10:50 AM
    No, a powerbank is just a source of 5 Volts, like a charger. Anker is reputable. (And I've been using a powerbank for about 18 months with no problems.

Are you charging the battery before it drops to 40%? Letting it drop really low (10% or so) for a month can kill a new battery.
    12-11-2016 11:34 AM
    I have let it get very low (under 20%) at times before re-charging but I was having the same problem with the old battery as well. I've also noticed that when I charge the phone from the powerbank it recharges quicker than it does from the mains but also discharges quicker. Is that normal for powerbanks?

I've had the phone and the original battery for just over two years and was hoping to keep the phone for at least another year before upgrading. I wasn't expecting this kind of problem at all. Should I be looking at a new phone?

Thanks again.
    12-18-2016 11:32 AM
    I don't know about the powerbank, but my S5 started doing the same exact thing about a week ago..... Maybe there was an update?
    12-19-2016 01:43 PM