Switch accessibility

entwinedivy

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
I have a Tecla Shield (Tecla | Access technology hands-free) hooked into my wheelchair to be able to use my joystick to control my phone. Right now I am using the Tecla app, but the app has it's own keyboard that doesn't have word prediction. This makes texting or emailing difficult when you are a wordy person. :) I am told that if I use Samsung's Universal Switch I would be able to use the built in Samsung keyboard. I do not see this option available on my S5, nor do I have the option for Google's Switch Access even though I am running android 6. I just received this phone as a birthday gift a few months ago and upgrading is not an option. Is there any way that I could get Universal Switch or Switch Access on my S5?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a Tecla Shield (Tecla | Access technology hands-free) hooked into my wheelchair to be able to use my joystick to control my phone. Right now I am using the Tecla app, but the app has it's own keyboard that doesn't have word prediction. This makes texting or emailing difficult when you are a wordy person. :) I am told that if I use Samsung's Universal Switch I would be able to use the built in Samsung keyboard. I do not see this option available on my S5, nor do I have the option for Google's Switch Access even though I am running android 6. I just received this phone as a birthday gift a few months ago and upgrading is not an option. Is there any way that I could get Universal Switch or Switch Access on my S5?

Hello and welcome to Android Central entwinedivy!

I have to say, up front, that whilst I am pretty familiar with the Samsung Galaxy S5, I have not had cause to use either Universal Switch or Google's Switch Access. Maybe, the following link will shed a bit more light on the subject for you... About Switch Access for Android. Good luck!

entwinedivy

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to Android Central entwinedivy!

I have to say, up front, that whilst I am pretty familiar with the Samsung Galaxy S5, I have not had cause to use either Universal Switch or Google's Switch Access. Maybe, the following link will shed a bit more light on the subject for you... About Switch Access for Android. Good luck!

Thank you. I have seen that link, the problem is I do not have that option available in settings even though I'm running 6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20