My S5 just started this today. I've cleared the cache partition, restarted, unpaired & re-paired my headset. It works for a few minutes then shuts off again. I've had this phone for a year and a half. Been using headset for a month or two with no issues. This a.m. WHAM issue on top of issue with the bluetooth.

Last Android update was @ the beginning of the month...no new apps installed for a few days now. HELP! Anyone have a clue for me?
    12-24-2016 11:10 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does the Bluetooth radio actually turn off, or does it just drop the connection? Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28456
    12-27-2016 02:51 AM
    My bluetooth is turning off as well - not just dropping the connection. It appears to be staying on in safe mode.
    01-04-2017 12:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then some app you installed is likely causing the problem. The challenge now is to identify that app, which can be tedious -- you may have to uninstall apps until the problem goes away. The first kinds of apps to get rid of are 3rd party battery-saver apps.
    01-04-2017 04:30 PM
    Just started having the same problem - turned on BT, started playing music and it would turn off. I tried turning BT back on and it would immediately turn itself off. Tried force stop, clearing cache and clearing data from the BT app, but it kept happening.

After much research, I started removing apps one by one, restarting after each one and testing the BT. Finally pinned it down to a Walgreens app. Odd thing was, I had the app on the phone quite a while before it started creating the issue. I reinstalled the other apps and left Walgreens out, and voila...no more issues!

I went to the Play Store to see what permissions the Walgreens app needed, and it said:
    Bluetooth connection information, then in the drop down it said "Allows the app to control Bluetooth including broadcasting to or getting information about nearby Bluetooth devices."

So glad I finally figured it out...good luck!
    TwiZtedLogic and muskogee like this.
    02-16-2017 03:59 PM
    Just started having the same problem - turned on BT, started playing music and it would turn off. I tried turning BT back on and it would immediately turn itself off. Tried force stop, clearing cache and clearing data from the BT app, but it kept happening.

After much research, I started removing apps one by one, restarting after each one and testing the BT. Finally pinned it down to a Walgreens app. Odd thing was, I had the app on the phone quite a while before it started creating the issue. I reinstalled the other apps and left Walgreens out, and voila...no more issues!

I went to the Play Store to see what permissions the Walgreens app needed, and it said:
    Bluetooth connection information, then in the drop down it said "Allows the app to control Bluetooth including broadcasting to or getting information about nearby Bluetooth devices."

So glad I finally figured it out...good luck!
    Awesome information. I have an hour commute, twice a day for work, and have been listening to podcasts everyday for the last 7 months on my commute without any problems. As of last week, my Note 5 started doing the same exact thing you're describing. It would maybe connect to the car for a few minutes, then it would all of a sudden turn off the Bluetooth all together. When I tired turning it back on, it would instantly shut itself off again. Clearing my cache and resetting would maybe make it work for a few more minutes, but then it would eventually do the same thing again. Same as you, I have had the Walgreens app on my phone for over a year and a half now.
    After reading what you found, I went into the settings in the application manager, then into which apps can modify system settings (i.e. turn off Bluetooth). I was going to try and see if I could disable the app from being able to control the Bluetooth. But according to it, the Walgreens app was already set to 'OFF' for being allowed to modify system settings. So I went ahead and I uninstalled the Walgreens app. After doing so, my Bluetooth now works again like it's supposed to, and doesn't randomly shut itself off anymore. Thanks for sharing! I was really starting to get annoyed, cause I have very limited radio stations on my route.
    Giddyupvj and muskogee like this.
    02-18-2017 11:51 AM
    Awesome information. I have an hour commute, twice a day for work, and have been listening to podcasts everyday for the last 7 months on my commute without any problems. As of last week, my Note 5 started doing the same exact thing you're describing. It would maybe connect to the car for a few minutes, then it would all of a sudden turn off the Bluetooth all together. When I tired turning it back on, it would instantly shut itself off again. Clearing my cache and resetting would maybe make it work for a few more minutes, but then it would eventually do the same thing again. Same as you, I have had the Walgreens app on my phone for over a year and a half now.
    After reading what you found, I went into the settings in the application manager, then into which apps can modify system settings (i.e. turn off Bluetooth). I was going to try and see if I could disable the app from being able to control the Bluetooth. But according to it, the Walgreens app was already set to 'OFF' for being allowed to modify system settings. So I went ahead and I uninstalled the Walgreens app. After doing so, my Bluetooth now works again like it's supposed to, and doesn't randomly shut itself off anymore. Thanks for sharing! I was really starting to get annoyed, cause I have very limited radio stations on my route.
    Thank you all for figuring this out!! Exact same situation for me. My Bluetooth music and books get me through my long commute. A couple weeks ago, my Bluetooth suddenly started disconnecting itself repeatedly. It was really pissing me off! I've had the Walgreens app for years, but after reading your posts I just uninstalled it and now my Bluetooth is staying on
    Giddyupvj likes this.
    02-21-2017 12:50 AM
    Thanks for this thread. Same thing happen to me yesterday. I googled this problem with S5 and saw this thread. Then I deleted the Walgreens app from my phone and now back in business.
    Giddyupvj likes this.
    02-26-2017 08:57 PM