Allow swearing without annoying constant auto-correct

rightnitro

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way to let you type '****' '*******' '*******' etc. without auto-correct getting into the way? I always type the word, and hit the check mark, which I thought added the word to the dictionary but apparently it doesn't.

I have a verizon s5.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What keyboard are you using? I would suggest using something other than the default (Gboard, Swiftkey, etc.) as these can learn these words without much hassle.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Gboard doesn't autocorrect curse words to something else for me, since it's learnt that I use those regularly.

rightnitro

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Was not aware you could add keyboards? Never thought it was a keyboard issue. Gboard is just an app I'm assuming? What other benefits does it have?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Was not aware you could add keyboards? Never thought it was a keyboard issue. Gboard is just an app I'm assuming? What other benefits does it have?
Gboard is indeed an app. It's the new name for Google Keyboard. Here's the link in Play Store if you'd like to try it out. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ogle.android.inputmethod.latin&token=NVsEDml0

I like it better than Swiftkey since it works well and doesn't slow down or stutter when I swipe, which SwiftKey is prone to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz