Can not connect to google servers

cjamps

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I bought a refurbished samsung galaxy s5. It does not have a sim card which works fine for me because I do not need it for phone service. It does connect to optimum on wifi and I was able to do a system update but I can't seem to add an email account. I keep getting the same error "Can not connect to google servers."

I spent much time searching & doing on this error. One thing I did not do is factory reset. I installed google play store again, I took out the battery, put in the battery, turned on airplane mode, turned off airplanemode, turned off gmail 2nd verification, cleared every cache possible, etc. The phone is not rooted. Any advice?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I bought a refurbished samsung galaxy s5. It does not have a sim card which works fine for me because I do not need it for phone service. It does connect to optimum on wifi and I was able to do a system update but I can't seem to add an email account. I keep getting the same error "Can not connect to google servers."

I spent much time searching & doing on this error. One thing I did not do is factory reset. I installed google play store again, I took out the battery, put in the battery, turned on airplane mode, turned off airplanemode, turned off gmail 2nd verification, cleared every cache possible, etc. The phone is not rooted. Any advice?

Hello and welcome to Android Central cjamps!

Which of the 42 models of Galaxy S5 do you have?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to add a Gmail account? Do other email accounts add without problem?

Does this happen on any wi-fi network, or just your home network? If the latter, log into your router's settings (using your computer browser -- see the router manual) and disable IPv6. Google servers sometimes seem to have problems with IPv6, and do better on IPv4.