Disabling haptic feedback and sound for specific hardware button

A

AC Question

I know... your all saying "WHAT?" to that question. Some background...

I have a Samsung S5 that was dropped, screen cracked and subsequently replaced. After the drop, the phone has phantom recent apps button clicks, so much so that the device can become unusable.

Two repair guys told me it was the charging port (part of those buttons) but was never able to stop the phantom button pushes. So I gave up trying to repair it and instead installed a button remapper app to disable the recent apps button and assign the home button to trigger recent apps instead through a long push.

This works awesome except the haptic feedback and media sound related to those button pushes has not stopped. I'd prefer not to disable haptic feedback altogether but I can if needed. However I definitely don't want to have to disable media sounds to escape the maddening ding that comes every time this thing triggers.

I doubt there is an app for this... but if so, I'd love to know about it.

Does anyone know of a way to disable one or both of those for a single button through the registry or another way (phone is not rooted but can be if needed)?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If there is a way, it almost certainly requires root. Xposed Framework might let you do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz