B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which account are you trying to save them to? Google, Samsung, or local Phone account?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Does this only happen when you're trying to add a contact from the Messaging app? What if you go to Contacts directly and manually input a new contact?

Ransomdnfull

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
it won't let me save a phone caller or message sender. I go to contacts and gives me a death circle and the statement...updating contacts list to reflect change of language....then just keeps spinning without any contacts. went to back up in cloud and they show no contacts. went to Verizon dial out app and when I started to punch in the number I wanted to call, it knocked me off with ...messaging has stoped or contacts have stopped. pretty soon the phone will be part of my wall !!

Ransomdnfull

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
the only way I was able to make a phone call was through truecaller's app which I downloaded out of desperation. when I tried to save the contact from that phone call, it kicked me back to the Verizon contacts page which showed no contacts and when I tried to add it there...same contacts has stopped lock out. I'm thinking factory reset is all that's left.

Ransomdnfull

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
one other ***** thing is that sync is not working in Chrome and has a posted claim that it will be back soon....been days now. backup to the cloud backed up all but contacts...claims it couldn't back that up with a failed statement....doh !!

Ransomdnfull

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
You're not using Verizon Cloud, are you? I wonder if that might be causing the glitch.

The factory reset might be the next step. If that doesn't work, then reinstall the firmware using Smart Switch. http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29914
Google cloud says they have nothing in storage. Verizon cloud same thing. yet in google, my contacts are all there. how can I get them from Google to the contacts and phone apps? delete and reinstall contacts app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think reinstalling the firmware via Smart Switch will wipe the phone.

To sync your Google contacts to the phone, go to Settings>Accounts-Google, and make sure Contacts sync is turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If all of your contacts are in your Google Contacts in the cloud, then go to the App Manager, select Contact Storage, and Clear Cache/Data. Then go back to the Accounts menu and see if you can resync.