I am running out of internal memory on my s5. Started copying apps to sd card and then started getting msg that there was no room on the sd card. Settings->storage says about 1 gb of the 2gb sd card is used. Bought a 16gb SanDisk sd card, formatted it, copied old sd to new sd and put new sd card in s5. Was able to copy a few more apps to new sd card, but then got message, no more room on sd card. Settings->storage indicates that 1gb of 16gb used.
    Any ideas why I am being limited to 1 gb on the sd card for both the qgb card and 16 gb card?
    03-18-2017 08:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html.
    ironass likes this.
    03-19-2017 01:18 PM
    I installed SD Insight and the new 16 GB card is genuine Sandisk. The 2 GB sd card is the one that came with the Galaxy S5 so I am assuming it is genuine. Didn't put it back in the phone to verify it with SD Insight. I ran chkdisk against both the 2 GB and the 16 GB cards and neither had any errors. I initially had formatted the 16 GB card as FAT32. Could not use more than 1 GB of 16. Reformatted as exFAT. Still same problem, limited to 1 GB on 16 GB sd card. I'm limited to 1 GB on SD card whether it's a 2 GB card or 16 GB card.
    03-19-2017 10:31 PM
    Very strange. Try wiping the system cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28492
    03-20-2017 01:46 AM
    I would never suggest formatting a new card using any other method than in the phone itself. Put the card in the phone, go to your storage settings and "format card". See if that gives you the full amount of space. Please remember though, that you will NEVER see "2 GB Free". You will only see about 1.8 GB.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-20-2017 07:55 AM
    I think the problem is phone itself, connect your sd card to computer through a card reader, check the card, if it's normal, you may need to factory reset your phone for restore.
    03-21-2017 04:32 AM