Hi, my Samsung S5 used to allow me to set a custom notification tone, which it was set to. However one day, I woke up, the text notification tone was the default annoying whistle. I have tried every way I can to change this, I have gone through the default music app and tried to 'set' my previous custom tone. However there is no longer an option to set the custom tone as a notification, there are only the options to set it as a 'Phone ringtone' 'caller ringtone' and 'alarm ringtone' I have been to the sound and notification settings, however, again unlike the ringtone it will no longer allow me to select a custom notification tone. I have been to the default text-app settings directly, and under the 'Notification sound' option it says 'Default notification sound (unknown ringtone)' again when trying to change the notification tone this way, I am not allowed to access my own music library.

Does anyone have a solution?
    03-20-2017 09:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to the App Manager, select the Messaging app, then Permissions, and make sure it has permission to access your files.
    03-20-2017 10:15 AM