Every time I try to buy a prepaid card for the Verizon network they never activate it saying my phone is not compatible with their network. I find this very hard to believe and does anyone know how I can make my phone Verizon network compatible? I've used this phone all over the world using different phone network sims without any problems but somehow Verizon is the only one that I cannot use unless I buy the S5 phone directly from Verizon ( already have the phone why would I buy a duplicate and waste money) and they can use their network on the same model S5 phone.
    Please help because this is very frustrating do to the other carriers networks are not as good as the Verizon network where I live.
    04-12-2017 01:28 PM
    Verizon uses CDMA technology. A dual-SIM S5 uses GSM technology. They're not compatible. (Most of the world, with the exception of South America and Australia, is GSM, so most "world" phones will work almost anywhere. (Almost - because the Americas use a different set of frequencies, so a European GSM phone usually won't work in the US, even on a GSM carrier.)

Try AT&T or TMobile (or any of their MVNOs) - they're the GSM carriers in the US. (There's nothing you can do to make your phone work on Verizon - it doesn't have the necessary hardware. The G900V will work on Verizon [but not on GSM carriers], the G900F will work in most of the world, the G900T will work on TMobile, the G900A will work on AT&T.)
    04-12-2017 02:53 PM