Wipe cache partition menu won't come up

A

AC Question

My Samsung S5 got an Update from Verizon and is now stuck in a boot loop. When I try to get to the "Wipe Cache Partition" menu all it says is "Maintenance Boot Mode" or "Recovery Booting...."

First thing I did was purchase a new battery from Samsung but that didn't correct the problem.

Sometimes I'm lucky and if I pull the battery, wait a few minutes and put the battery in, then plug the phone into the charger, then after a about 20 reboots, it finally boots.

I've reset the phone and even used Verizon's "repair" utility but since it goes into a boot loop each time, it never completely restores the phone to factory default.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe bring it to a Verizon store and show them what their update did to the phone -- see if they can do anything about it. Or you could also try the Samsung rep at your local Best Buy.

scuba05477

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the same thing on my Verizon S5. I wipe the cache partition once a week, but not this week! That option is gone using the 3 button routine. What's up with that Verizon?

scuba05477

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, I just rebooted my s5 and lo and behold the old menu popped up! I was able to wipe the cache partition after all! I can't explain it, I can only report it. Good luck!

DroidDownUnder

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Maybe bring it to a Verizon store and show them what their update did to the phone -- see if they can do anything about it. Or you could also try the Samsung rep at your local Best Buy.

Verizon online support said to do the same thing but went on to say that I would be charged a repair fee because years ago the corner of the screen cracked and it may be causing this issue today. Yeah, right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci