Im just wondering if anyone else uses this device, and if so have you noticed the vibration has an almost cheap crappy feel to it? i feel like it takes a while to get going, which sucks when you mostly want it for haptic feedback on your keyboard... its like by the time the viber would reach its full potential, its done vibrating.

im just wondering if im the only one who has experienced this? my other 2 devices, s5 Neo and captivate glide, immediately vibrate at their full capacity. but on s5 mini, i can hear the pitch of it get higher as it gets going moving faster... id like ti to work the same as the others.

also, any hacks to get haptic feedback on the touch buttons recent and back?

thanks.
    05-01-2017 10:40 PM
    I have no direct experience with this model but I have dealt with phones that have had their offset motor, which generates the vibration, dislodged either through shock (e.g. dropping) or being incorrectly inserted when the phone was assembled. The effect is often similar to what you describe. The other possibility is a faulty motor. I doubt that this is a common characteristic of the S5 Mini but, as previously stated, I have no personal experience with this model.
    05-02-2017 04:18 AM
    Any suggestions on fixing it, other than taking it in somewhere to be looked at? Is there some app I could use to modify the motor delay? It was delivered in the mail, so I mean who knows if it was dropped in the process. There's no visible physical damages but, who knows

I know it sounds like a small thing, but I'd really love it to work better/quicker like my other devices...
    05-03-2017 02:40 AM
    I appreciate that a faulty vibrate is irritating, it would drive me nuts. My brother dropped his Sony Z3 and now it has a pathetic whine rather than a vibrate.

I can't be absolutely sure that yours is a hardware fault but either way I think that your only option is to send it back as faulty. However, it could just be the volume settings so you should do some further research first. There are quite a few issues with vibrate on this phone, even some in these forums. Search for "samsung galaxy s5 mini vibrate", the intensity of the vibrate seems to be a common problem although I haven't seen anything about a lag.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.
    05-03-2017 03:54 AM
    Hmm I wonder if they'd offer to send another without having to send this one back? Just cuz by the time it would get sent back and then reshipped, I'd have no vibration to compare to (on the same device).

Part of me is debating keeping this one as a "trying stuff" device, like for roms or even apps I get hesitant to update just in case the new one sucks lol, it doesn't let you revert unless you do a complete system restore.

I think I still have time to decide, they said it could even take into June to get delivered so there is wiggle room for sure.

If I could add ram into my s2 (captivate glide) without having to do that internal/external swap thing with no more access to your sd card for regular storage, I'd just do that honestly. It's nice and compact, operates pre lock screen tiles which irritate me alot lol. Even with things like foldermount for bigger games, I haven't even surpassed the 5 or so gigs you actually have access to once the system is installed. But it's starting to do things like freeze entirely when I want to browse Zedge or even just open my camera half the time takes several tries. It will miss moments for sure. Hmm pros and con's. Lol
    05-05-2017 01:44 AM