Problems with streaming music via Bluetooth

Nyniyane

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I need some help with streaming via Bluetooth.
This is my setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo and Yamaha stereo. I'm trying to stream music from Amazon Prime. When I start Amazon Prime and try to stream the music to my Yamaha stereo, it works just for a few secs, then stops.
However, when I also start the Yamaha App MusicCast it will work. But I have to do the streaming via MusicCast.

And... if I try to do something else at the same time, like using WhatsApp the streaming will stop and I have to restart it manually. Same thing happens when the phone goes into standby mode, then the streaming will also stop. I've checked all the settings but couldn't figure it out.

Can someone help? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How is the Yamaha receiving the Bluetooth? Does it have Bluetooth built-in?

2.4 GHz wi-fi can sometimes interfere with Bluetooth, so if you have 5 GHz wi-fi available, try that. Or log into your router's settings and try changing the 2.4 GHz wi-fi channel, in case the current one is too close to the Bluetooth frequency.

This is where a Chromecast Audio would be perfect, assuming you have a wi-fi network. Have you considered that? They're quite inexpensive.

Nyniyane

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Greetings and thanks for your answer.

Yes, the Yamaha has BlueTooth built in. I don't have 5 GHz, just 2.4. The streaming via Bluetooth works, it just shows this weird behavior. Sometimes it works for a long time without any problems, then it doesn't and I can't find out what I'm doing wrong (or right..).

I haven't considered Chromecast yet, have to check out how that works.