Why is my samsung s5's screen flickering yellow very badly

A

AC Question

I've had my s5 for a year or so now and have had this problem once before, my screen will flicker and almost flash, pluse and pixel at seemingly random times for no apparent reason and it's because unbearable. I love my phone so much so I had to factory reset it in December to get it to stop. I don't have the money to buy a new phone now but can't stand this.. help?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had my s5 for a year or so now and have had this problem once before, my screen will flicker and almost flash, pluse and pixel at seemingly random times for no apparent reason and it's because unbearable. I love my phone so much so I had to factory reset it in December to get it to stop. I don't have the money to buy a new phone now but can't stand this.. help?

Has it been dropped or exposed to water? Could be the LCD panel connector being loose.

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I've had this problem with mine too. Go to Settings, Display. Select Brightness. Uncheck 'Automatic Brightness'. Slide the brightness level up until the flickering stops. 80% to 90% should do OK.

Harvey Deven

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
It might be a late answer but hopefully will help somebody. Check these things if your phone's screen is flickering:
1. Make sure that your apps are up-to-date
2. Boot the phone in Safe Mode
3. Deactivate Hardware Overlays
4. Clear the phone’s cache partition
5. Perform a hard reset on the phone

The hard reset should be your last option. And as a last resort, contact the manufacturer.

I found the guide here: https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/samsung-phones-screen-flickering