I have a Galaxy S5 and recently installed a San Disk 120 gb micro sd card. I've been able to upload apx. 3 gb of music to the card, but now am unable to upload any further. It just doesn't. I'm not getting any obvious error notifications. Anyone have a clue what the issue might be?
    06-19-2017 09:14 AM
    Cheap chinese fake knockoff replica of a SanDisk card. There is an app called SD Insight. It lets you see the TRUE manufacturer,size and other info related to your SD card and internal storage. Chinese counterfeiters take a cheap and low capacity card, brand it and the run a process that I call "upformatting". If you have watched those stupid "increase you flash drive capacity" tutorials, you will see that the youtube guys use some software (usually provided in a link they give you) to basically reformat the drive and make the drive look like it is bigger. I am of course not stupid enough to believe that you can actually boost the size of a drive. I eventually found a video that supllied a survey/virus-free download and decided to see what is actually behind the increased capacity. The program I used made a 2GB flash drive look like a 4GB one. I started copying files, but when I hit the physical maximum capacity of the drive, Windows started throwing copy errors. I guess you accidentally got some chinese card. Just return it and get a new authentic one (If you are suspicious of the replacement one, use SD Insight again to check it).
    06-19-2017 09:30 AM
    I have a Galaxy S5 and recently installed a San Disk 120 gb micro sd card. I've been able to upload apx. 3 gb of music to the card, but now am unable to upload any further. Anyone have a clue what the issue might be?
    Welcome to AndroidCentral ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thanks for the question and sorry to hear your card isn't working properly. Couple questions.

Did you purchase this card brand new?

Was the SanDisk card purchased from a reliable store or online retailer that you normally shop at?

Lastly, does it say '120GB' on the card or '128GB'

As the comment above me said, there are unfortunately a lot of fake cards out there and you have to be careful where you purchase them from ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'll be here to answer any further questions.
    06-19-2017 09:39 AM