Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I am having a problem... every few minutes when I'm talking to someone they say I start to sound like a robot and the "reception" goes out. it only lasts for about 15 seconds. It happens every 10 or 15 minutes and it is very annoying.

It happens consistently at my house where I have at least 2 bars all the time. I have talked with my neighbors who are also on Verizon (like me) but they do not have this problem.

it seems like I can hear them OK but they just can't hear me, only for a few seconds, and then it comes back.

this leads me to believe it is my phone. there must be something going on in the background that is causing the phone to slow down for a few seconds, or somethign like that.

I really need to fix this. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

thanks!
    06-23-2017 06:00 PM
    Have you spoken to Verizon about this? Also, try toggling Advanced Calling on or off, depending on what you have it set to right now.
    06-23-2017 07:18 PM
    Have you spoken to Verizon about this? Also, try toggling Advanced Calling on or off, depending on what you have it set to right now.
    I have not spoken to Verizon. I figured they would say it's something about my phone, since my neighbors are not experiencing the problem. And since I didn't buy the phone from them they would tell me to talk to Samsung or the place I bought it.

I will try the advanced calling setting, I have never heard of it but I will find out where it is and try changing it. thanks
    06-23-2017 07:39 PM
    Advanced Calling is VoLTE (Voice over LTE). It goes by other names, depending on the carrier, like HD Voice or Enhanced LTE. Since you didn't get the phone from Verizon, I wonder if you'll be able to find that proper setting, and also if that's the reason why you're having these issues. If you do talk to Verizon, ask them if it could be an Advanced Calling issue.
    06-23-2017 10:07 PM