I have something on my galaxy s5. It's called Intelligent Lock Screen and pops up occasionally. I didn't upload anything. I've done scans with Verizon Security & Privacy and Bitdefender. Nothing was found on the scans. I did a factory reset and it stopped, but after I reloaded some games from playstore, it reappeared. I think it's adware, but is so random, I can't pin it down. I've tried finding it in applications manager and Google playstore, but can't find it. I uninstalled all my games again just to see if it stops. Still waiting to see if it pops up again. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
    06-27-2017 05:55 PM
    You're not alone, this popped up on my old Note 3 last night, no idea what it is or where it came from.
    06-27-2017 05:57 PM
    Welcome as a new member! Do you have anything installed with the name Peel? Reported on another site, disabling/resetting the Peel remote seemed to have fixed my problem! FWIW, games are notorious for carrying malware and adware. Please report back if you find the fix.
    Leanne Parker2 likes this.
    06-27-2017 06:00 PM
    Welcome as a new member! Do you have anything installed with the name Peel? Reported on another site, disabling/resetting the Peel remote seemed to have fixed my problem! FWIW, games are notorious for carrying malware and adware. Please report back if you find the fix.

Hi PJRed, Thanks for the suggestion. I uninstalled the peelsmart remote app and then re-installed the factory reset version. I'll let you know if this works.
    06-27-2017 10:13 PM
    PJRed2008,
    I'm happy to report that the Intelligent Lock Screen adware or whatever it was is officially off my phone. I did as you suggested and disabled the Peel Smart remote app. Then enabled it to the factory setting. And I haven't seen it on my phone since. I run a Verizon Security & Privacy scan daily. The other day it found and deleted a virus called Exploit/Stagefright. But from what I read about it, it's something different. Anyway just wanted to let you know. Thanks for the help.
    Leanne Parker2 likes this.
    07-01-2017 12:02 AM
    Anyway just wanted to let you know. Thanks for the help.
    Glad you got it squared away and are back up and happy Thanks for reporting back with the good news! @L0n3N1nja did you notice this fix and try it?
    07-01-2017 10:31 AM
    I'm leary about touching either "Later" or "OK, got it" for several reasons. "Welcome to an Intelligent Lock Screen..." this is bad English, this is UNwanted. Think about it - it makes no sense. Buttons could be labeled as anything and actually lead to gawd knows where. So I can't disable Peel - I can't even turn the phone off or reboot it, I can't do anything
    08-20-2017 10:14 PM
    It popped up on my Note 3 a couple of weeks ago and usually shows itself after 7pm. It's a big concern because it says "Relavant, timely updates and tasks" with relevant spelled incorrectly. It does seem to be connected to Peel, which I never use. It just seems to turn itself on from time to time for no reason.
    01-29-2018 07:40 PM