Just took photos of daughter bday. Storage low so went under my files, device storage, deleted various folders there. Dcim, etc. Now only see older pics as latest in my gallery, on camera, not even in my Google drive or Google photos. Plz help. Must be somewhere
    07-09-2017 01:06 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Go to Gallery and tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner of your screen. When it opens go to Setting. Once it opens you will see the Recyle Bin. Tap on it and if the pictures are there you can restore them.

To restore them, tap on Edit, then tap on the images you want to restore. Then you will be given the option to Restore or Delete them.

If images are not there, unfortunately you deleted them by deleting the DCIM folder. That is the folder where images are stored. Thanks and good luck.
    07-09-2017 05:58 AM
    For future reference, Christie (won't help you right now, unfortunately) - download and install the Google Photos app. Set up "backup and sync" and everytime you take a photo it will back it up automatically to Google Photos (on the web) for free. Never worry about losing a photo again.

Then when you start running out of space, you can have the Photos app delete those photos on your phone that are already backed up.
    ironass likes this.
    07-11-2017 02:18 PM